Hi loves! I know many people still find it hard to decide between Lambskin or Caviar leather when it comes to Chanel bags so I thought it would make some pictures to compare them both for you!
I’m going to use two Chanel medium/large classic flap bags, both have gold hardware. These bags are exactly the same except for the leather, one is lambskin and one is caviar.
Here are some facts:
– Is really sturdy and durable
– Hardly shows scratches, only really deep ones.
– Looks a bit more casual
– Looks black in shade but a bit more black/greyish in the sun
– Looks and feels soft and smooth
– Is true black
– Is more fragile but small scratches you can rub off with your fingers, the oil of your skin will make the scratch disappear.
– Looks more luxurious
– Have the same price, Chanel doesn’t charge more for lambskin on the classic line bags.
– Are extremely beautiful
Both bags are so pretty and deciding between the two isn’t easy. If you’re looking for a bag that you can use a lot and you don’t have to worry about bumping it into something and having scratches on your bag than definitely go for caviar leather. You don’t have to worry about anything and this bag fit’s with every outfit.
If you want to look a bit more classy and luxurious and don’t use your bag every day go for lambskin leather, it’s extremely pretty and most scratches are easily removed when you rub your fingers over the leather, the oil from your skin removes the scratch. Although you do see scratches much faster on lambskin it isn’t as delicate as most people think.
If you store your bag right and take good care of it, it will stay pretty and puffy for years to come! When you’re bag is getting old and you think it need some treatment you can always bring it back to Chanel so they can do the spa treatment and make it brand new again 😀
What leather do you prefer?